Opportunities at Highpoint
Highpoint periodically offers unique creative and career opportunities to artists, students, and professionals. When available, we will post these on our website, in our newsletter, or through public announcements. Please note that the current availability of programs listed is subject to change.
Call for Proposals: Adult Classes
Highpoint Center for Printmaking invites printmaking instructors to submit adult class proposals to take place in Highpoint's facility at 912 W. Lake Street in Minneapolis. Class curriculum should address traditional printmaking methods: lithography (stone, plate or photo), intaglio (etching, solarplate, or collagraph), relief, monoprint, or screenprint.
Class syllabus must be structured to fit one of the following formats:
- 6 week course (one evening per week plus two or three 4-hour weekend studio work sessions)
- 2–3 day weekend workshop (Friday evening and/or Saturday and Sunday)
- 1 evening lecture or tutorial (2–4 hours)
Instructors must be fully qualified and capable of independently teaching all aspects of the course. Applicants are encouraged to submit up to three different class proposals.
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Cover letter
- Syllabus—one for each class you are proposing
- A short bio highlighting past teaching experience and the nature of your own work
- A CD of 5 digital images of your recent work in the print media you are proposing to teach
- A corresponding image list
Classes will be selected based on a variety of factors not limited to but including: student interest, cohesion with HP's mission, curriculum goals and scheduling needs.
For Spring/ Summer Classes: November 16
For Fall/ Winter Classes: July 15
Please mail or deliver proposal packets to:
Highpoint Center for Printmaking Josh Bindewald 912 W Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408
With questions regarding proposals please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Josh Bindewald, Exhibitions & Artists' Cooperative Manager at 612.871.1326.