Highpoint is pleased to announce Stand Out Prints, our fourth juried international print exhibition. This exhibition will fill Highpoint's 1,000+ square feet of gallery space with select impressions of contemporary printmaking. The exhibition will run from September 7th through October 6th, 2018 with an opening reception taking place Friday, September 7th from 6:30-9pm.
The juror for Stand Out Prints 2018 is Crawford Alexander Mann III. He is the Curator of Prints and Drawings at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and previously worked at the Chrysler Museum (Norfolk, VA) and the RISD Museum (Providence, RI). He studied at Yale University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His responsibilities cover all periods of American art, from colonial to contemporary, with particular interest in the nineteenth century and in transnational exchange.
This is an exhibition of unframed work and Highpoint pays for return shipping within the U.S.!
Prizes: $3,000 in cash prizes and $300 in gift certificates will be awarded by the juror
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older
- International artist are encouraged to apply
- Work must have been completed within the last two years (since 2016)
- While non-traditional or digital output is accepted as a print element, submissions must utilize some form of traditional print media (Lithography, Relief, Intaglio, Screenprinting, Monotype, Collograph)
- Individual works cannot exceed 8 feet (96 inches/243 centimeters) in any direction
- Three-dimensional work may be submitted
- Prints will be displayed unframed behind glass cut to paper size (unless otherwise specified by the artist)
- Each artist may submit 1-3 images for consideration (including detail images)
Entry Fee: non-refundable entry fee of $30, please follow online application for payment options and instructions.
Sales: Highpoint will retain 20% of all exhibition sales. Unsold work will be returned in it's original packaging. Submitted work does not need to be available for purchase.
Agreement: Submission of work constitutes an agreement that allows Highpoint to photograph and reproduce accepted artwork for promotional purposes and allows work to remain on display at Highpoint for the full duration of the exhibition.
Liability: Work will be insured the entire time it is on Highpoint's premises. If damage occurs and the piece can be repaired, liability will be limited to the cost of repair. Damages incurred in transit to and from HP are the responsibility of the artist.
Shipping: All accepted work must be packaged in sturdy, reusable containers. Prints may be shipped rolled in mailing tubes or flat in well-padded containers. Highpoint will provide accepted artists with helpful information about safely and economically packaging artwork. Packaging, shipping, and related costs to Highpoint are the responsibility of the artist. Highpoint will pay return shipping costs for artists located in the continental United States. Artists outside the continental U.S. will be assessed return shipping charges.
Submissions will be accepted through June 1
Artists will be notified of the juror's decision July 20
Accepted work will be due at Highpoint by 5pm, August 23
Exhibition opens September 7
Exhibition closes October 6
Click here to apply
Still have questions? Contact Josh Bindewald at firstname.lastname@example.org