Studio Assistant Intern
The Studio Assistant Intern(s) will work with the Artistic Director/Master Printer, Senior Printer, and Studio Manager to prepare and execute projects in all areas of operation.
Intern(s) will be expected to:
- Assist with the day-to-day studio operations
- Assist in overseeing the safe use of the shop, materials, and equipment
- Assist in ordering inventory, stocking supplies, and researching projects, techniques, and equipment
- Assist with projects, visiting artists, and events
- Assist with other projects as needed
Interns must be able to commit to an average of 11 weeks for a minimum of 15 scheduled hours per week. The best intern is not always the person with the most printmaking experience! Printmaking experience is helpful, but dependability, initiative, attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability/willingness to learn are paramount. Additionally, strong interpersonal skills, interest in printmaking practices, and the ability to work well with others are also important. Preference is given to graduate students, upper-level undergraduates (junior or senior) and those wishing to work consecutive terms. (Students in their last quarter or semester should seriously consider whether their schedule will reasonably accommodate an internship requiring at least 15 hours per week.)
Internship duration: One-semester minimum (11 weeks).
- For September–December: August 1
- For January–May: December 1
- For June–August: May 1
Work Schedule: Daytime hours, 9:00 AM–5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Occasional hours during special events.
Compensation: Studio access for qualified interns, discounts on select Highpoint classes, invitations to Highpoint special member events, and a discounted monthly rate for artist cooperative studio access for a full year after completion of internship.
Note: Interns must have reliable transportation.
For more info: If you have questions or would like to schedule a visit please contact Josh Bindewald, Exhibitions and Artists’ Cooperative Manager at 612.871.1326 or email email@example.com.
To Apply Please Submit:
- Letter of interest; Discuss your art/printmaking experience, reasons for applying, and skills that you may bring to the internship.
- Resume/CV; including your full name, current email address, mailing address and phone number. Also, include prior experience, and related skills.
- List of three references; please include name, title, address, email, and daytime telephone.
Application may be emailed to Josh Bindewald, Exhibitions & Artists' Cooperative Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the following address:
Josh Bindewald Exhibitions & Artists' Cooperative Manager Highpoint Center for Printmaking 912 West Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408
Note: Highpoint hosts both Studio and Education Internships. Please do not apply to both positions for the same term.