A printmaking program for high school students.
On View: January 16, 2009 – January 31, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009 from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Access/Print Project Teen Artists Exhibition at Highpoint January 16 – 31, 2009 Free Opening Reception Friday, January 16, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. The second session of the A/P Project has come to a close, which means its time for a show! The prints in this exhibit were produced by eight local high school students. Over the course of ten week sessions, they worked with professional artist mentors to develop new printmaking skills, propose a plan and create an original print series for display in Highpoint’s gallery. Instruction in relief, intaglio, monoprint and screenprint techniques was provided. The A/P Project serves students in grades 10–12.
Spring 2008 Session:
- Chen Chen, Como Park High School
- Tyler Hagebusch, Perpich Arts High School
- Emma Kulberg, Southwest High School
- Courtney Mackedanz, Perpich Arts High School
Fall 2008–2009 Session:
- Adalberto Cordero Jr., Como Park High School
- Carson LaFond, Perpich Arts High School
- Frank Licari, Perpich Arts High School
- Molly Pederson, Hopkins High School
Do you know a high school student who would be interested in an intensive after school studio printmaking program? Please encourage them to apply to the Access/Print Project. Applications are available at Highpoint and also can be found on the website on the ACCESS/PRINT PROGRAM page.